Life Lately 5.9.17.



Coming back from Pitt was bittersweet (literally, biggest understatement ever). With leaving for India closely approaching in the Fall, I couldn't help but cry while packing up my stuff. A full 8 months without my closest friends AND leaving my favorite city? Definitely a tear jerker.

India is going to be amazing, but I'm TERRIFIED. I have never been off the East Coast of the United States before, let alone out of the country. Everyone keeps joking that I'm going to "Eat. Pray. Love.", which makes me chuckle every time. I know that after three months at the school in the Himalaya Mountains, that I will probably never be afraid of traveling abroad ever again (a girl can hope, right?).

Since getting back from school, life has been C R A Z Y. My first day back, I was given an Intern position at a local non-profit, agreed to become a Senior Counselor at the leadership camp I attended in my senior year of high school, and was hit with tons of opportunities to interview and volunteer and network all at once. Talk about blessings on blessings on blessings.

My internship by far is one of the coolest experiences ever. I basically assist programs that help foster leadership and confidence in girls that are 4th - 9th grade. The girls are so talented, smart, and courageous - it's an inspiring environment for sure.

In the past few months, I've been struggling for sure. With my relationship with others, with food, and generally with myself. I'm *exceedingly* thankful for an amazing support system and just a bomb team of doctors and professionals helping me become really healthy and strong.
I've recently started seeing a dietitian, Kristin Kwak, and she is INCREDIBLE. Let me tell you, she explains things so simply and also can see through your bullcrap instantly. Talk about one non-judgmental, down-to-earth lady. If you have ever considered going to a dietitian, DO IT. It'll help you feel really confident that you are best fueling your body, which is the foundation of being a good student/athlete/intern/whatever you do.

ALSO, I had the fab experience of going into Philadelphia with my favorite girlies for one last get together before we all travel. One is going to Paris this summer, the other to Thailand, and then two of us are going to India, and AS SOON AS WE GET BACK, our forth girlie leaves for a semester abroad on the sea. That in itself is too bittersweet to handle.

Ariele, who lives in Philly, gave us a grand tour of all her fav places. We hit the amazing food scene (way too hard) in Philly and stopped by AIDS Thrift, too. Inarguably, Green Eggs Cafe HAS to be your brunch stop if you're in the city. I got a three egg omelet that had bacon and spinach and WAS TOPPED WITH GOAT CHEESE (not a drill) with a side of fruit and a cappuccino. I only cried a little bit, I promise.

I also finally got around to doing something I've always wanted to do: dye my hair a VERY bright color. Cue my cosmetologist, Stephanie Vallette, who literally is an angel and dyed my hair at 10:00 PM while we watched documentaries. Straight goddess status. Here's her work of art (on yours truly).





TL:DR; I'm leaving for India, scored two amazing opportunities this summer, started seeing a dietitian, reunited with my girlies one last time, and dyed my hair. If that isn't a crazy two weeks, I don't know what is.

Best til next,

Kelly



Comments

Popular Posts