Neuroscience Unit 1, August 30th to September 8th: Kelly Elizabeth's One Stop Guide

My first neuroscience exam is only two weeks away, and that being said, I may or may have not already started studying...

After taking eleven credits in twelve weeks over the summer, I learned that the key to success is
organization and proper allocation of your most limited resource: time! If I can begin studying now and generating the right materials to do well in my neuroscience course, the more time I can have later down the line to relax and rejuvenate.

After class, I type a *majority* of my notes from my notebook onto the computer and *typically* add graphics. You can view my current neuroscience study guides here.

My former asterisk usage refers to the fact that it is insanely difficult to write or type neuroanatomy notes, and therefore the neuroanatomy portion of our first neuroscience unit is best studied at the links below:

Neuroanatomy:
  1. Let's Get Real: Studying Neuroanatomy on a Real Brain MRI
  2. A Brilliant Way to Remember the 12 Cranial Nerves Function
  3. A More Visual Way of Remembering the 12 Cranial Nerves, Names and Functions
  4. An Overview of Neuroanatomy: A Guide If You Are EXTREMELY LOST (LONG VIDEO)
  5. CSF Review, Plus A Lil about the Ventricles and Subarachnoid Space (Meninges)
  6. Written CSF and Meninges Review
  7. Blood Brain Barrier (2 Minutes Long)
  8. Ventricles (2 Minutes Long)
  9. Meninges (2 Minutes Long)
Other Links:
  1. Quizlet (Not Mine) for Glia Cells
  2. VERY Clear Explanation of Glia
  3. Function of Motor Neurons - An Overview of Neuronal Structure
  4. Knee Jerk Reaction (2 Minutes Long)
  5. Basic Brain Anatomy, A Lil about Neural Development (If You Are EXTREMELY LOST)
  6. Neuron Doctrine
Good luck! Until next time, wishing you the best!

Comments

Popular Posts