Adjusting to My NEW Home Away from Home

My first few weeks back at Pitt have been amazingly fun and also chaotic. I began my research
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
position at Rangos Research Center of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, and I find it extremely rewarding. My co-workers and PI are incredibly kind and very passionate about the field of science, which creates such an open and productive work environment.

My classes are definitely time consuming, but enjoyable to say the least. I'm taking two heavy work-load anthropology classes that are very rewarding and thought-provoking, as well as Organic Chemistry 1, and Introduction to Neuroscience (don't worry, I'll definitely talk more about this!).

I now live in an apartment with two very funny, very kind, and intelligent girls. Having to fully take care of myself while taking a full course load and working and starting a club is definitely chaos, so I find myself needing to take breaks every once and a while.

Cue the Pitt/Penn State football game on Saturday, which I spent with Andrei and his friends. It was a great day (as always) to be a Panther.


Heinz Field Overlooking Downtown Pittsburgh
Now that I finally have time again to begin blogging, I've realized how helpful it may be to post my  neuroscience study guides for other people to see. People have commented to me in the past that they benefit from seeing how I organize the material we learn. I do have my own specific way of laying out the material to supplement our (I must say, absolutely awesome) professor's lectures and notes!

Stay tuned to see my post in the next few weeks that will include my neuroscience summaries as well as helpful links for our first unit of neuroscience!

Until then, wishing you the best.

Comments

Popular Posts